NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NA Celicas

Dedicated To The FWD Naturally Aspirated Toyota Celica's With The 3SGE, 5SFE, 3SFE And The 4AFE - Including Turbo And 4WS Models

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the deals with Cats?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
3Spower
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
3Spower

What's the deals with Cats? Empty
PostSubject: What's the deals with Cats?   What's the deals with Cats? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:16 pm

No i'm not talking about pet cats, i'm talking about exhaust cats.

Im told that prefacelift 5g celica (non turbo) are all de-cat models - i.e: they have no cat.

Now im told that only UK spec prefacelift celicas are catless and prefacelift JDM celicas are all equipped with a cat.

I would go look for myself but its pelting down with rain....again Mad

Is this true?
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   What's the deals with Cats? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:56 am

i think its just uk spec ones, when it stops raining, i will pop out and have a look Very Happy

Although, i have that exhaust pop that de-cat pipes have Very Happy

All i know is that pre-facelift models dont have the three way cat.
Back to top Go down
https://nacelicas.darkbb.com
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   What's the deals with Cats? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Right, found out that all JDM spec ST18X celicas have cats. That prefacelift and facelift, they were different type of cats.

The ones without cats are UK spec prefacelift ST18X Celicas. Apparently, they don't sound that nice, mines loud enough as it is Laughing
Back to top Go down
slammed_celica
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   What's the deals with Cats? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:41 pm

My st182 has a cat. How do i know? Its broken, looks like someone attempted to gut it but failed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   What's the deals with Cats? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:58 pm

slammed_celica wrote:
My st182 has a cat. How do i know? Its broken, looks like someone attempted to gut it but failed Laughing

How does it pass its Warrent Of Fitness?
Back to top Go down
3Spower
3Spower

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   What's the deals with Cats? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Celica_XR9145 wrote:
Right, found out that all JDM spec ST18X celicas have cats. That prefacelift and facelift, they were different type of cats.

The ones without cats are UK spec prefacelift ST18X Celicas. Apparently, they don't sound that nice, mines loud enough as it is Laughing

Thanks, instead of removing the cat, i'll just replace it with a sports one and add a resonator me thinks, got to keep the sound down for the neighbours Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   What's the deals with Cats? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 am

3Spower wrote:
Celica_XR9145 wrote:

Thanks, instead of removing the cat, i'll just replace it with a sports one and add a resonator me thinks, got to keep the sound down for the neighbours Rolling Eyes

Good idea, i plan to basically do the same idea accept with a HKS Hi-Power Silent muffler or an Apexi N1 Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   What's the deals with Cats? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the deals with Cats?
Page 1 of 1