NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas

Dedicated To The FWD Naturally Aspirated Toyota Celica's With The 3SGE, 5SFE, 3SFE And The 4AFE - Including Turbo And 4WS Models
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What's the deals with Cats?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
3Spower
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
avatar

Posts : 194
Points : 259
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: What's the deals with Cats?   Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:16 pm

No i'm not talking about pet cats, i'm talking about exhaust cats.

Im told that prefacelift 5g celica (non turbo) are all de-cat models - i.e: they have no cat.

Now im told that only UK spec prefacelift celicas are catless and prefacelift JDM celicas are all equipped with a cat.

I would go look for myself but its pelting down with rain....again Mad

Is this true?
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 481
Points : 788
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : Dunedin, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:56 am

i think its just uk spec ones, when it stops raining, i will pop out and have a look Very Happy

Although, i have that exhaust pop that de-cat pipes have Very Happy

All i know is that pre-facelift models dont have the three way cat.

_________________

1990 Toyota Celica GTR 4WS ST183 - Steer From The Rear, Literally!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3188393
Back to top Go down
http://nacelicas.darkbb.com
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 481
Points : 788
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : Dunedin, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Right, found out that all JDM spec ST18X celicas have cats. That prefacelift and facelift, they were different type of cats.

The ones without cats are UK spec prefacelift ST18X Celicas. Apparently, they don't sound that nice, mines loud enough as it is Laughing

_________________

1990 Toyota Celica GTR 4WS ST183 - Steer From The Rear, Literally!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3188393
Back to top Go down
http://nacelicas.darkbb.com
slammed_celica
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)


Posts : 70
Points : 89
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:41 pm

My st182 has a cat. How do i know? Its broken, looks like someone attempted to gut it but failed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 481
Points : 788
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : Dunedin, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:58 pm

slammed_celica wrote:
My st182 has a cat. How do i know? Its broken, looks like someone attempted to gut it but failed Laughing

How does it pass its Warrent Of Fitness?

_________________

1990 Toyota Celica GTR 4WS ST183 - Steer From The Rear, Literally!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3188393
Back to top Go down
http://nacelicas.darkbb.com
3Spower
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
avatar

Posts : 194
Points : 259
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Celica_XR9145 wrote:
Right, found out that all JDM spec ST18X celicas have cats. That prefacelift and facelift, they were different type of cats.

The ones without cats are UK spec prefacelift ST18X Celicas. Apparently, they don't sound that nice, mines loud enough as it is Laughing

Thanks, instead of removing the cat, i'll just replace it with a sports one and add a resonator me thinks, got to keep the sound down for the neighbours Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 481
Points : 788
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : Dunedin, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 am

3Spower wrote:
Celica_XR9145 wrote:
Right, found out that all JDM spec ST18X celicas have cats. That prefacelift and facelift, they were different type of cats.

The ones without cats are UK spec prefacelift ST18X Celicas. Apparently, they don't sound that nice, mines loud enough as it is Laughing

Thanks, instead of removing the cat, i'll just replace it with a sports one and add a resonator me thinks, got to keep the sound down for the neighbours Rolling Eyes

Good idea, i plan to basically do the same idea accept with a HKS Hi-Power Silent muffler or an Apexi N1 Cool Cool

_________________

1990 Toyota Celica GTR 4WS ST183 - Steer From The Rear, Literally!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3188393
Back to top Go down
http://nacelicas.darkbb.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What's the deals with Cats?   

Back to top Go down
 
What's the deals with Cats?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Have most EPL deals now been done?
» Mayan Riviera excursions -- best deals out there
» Athlete aiming for Olympics - Placed on Cats rookie list
» For Sale 700 & 500 Arctic Cats NOT
» Mark Blicavs gives up Olympic 1500m dream to return to the Cats & now in for the long run

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NA Celicas :: Celica Tech :: General Celica Tech-
Jump to: