NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NA Celicas

Dedicated To The FWD Naturally Aspirated Toyota Celica's With The 3SGE, 5SFE, 3SFE And The 4AFE - Including Turbo And 4WS Models

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celica - Curren Front End Conversion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

Celica - Curren Front End Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Celica - Curren Front End Conversion   Celica - Curren Front End Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 pm

As you may or may not know, a curren is basically a 6th gen Celica with a different front end and a bigger boot.

I have always liked the front of Currens but neer really liked the back. Same with the ST20X Celica but the other way round, i love the back but hated the front with the bug eye lights so when i heard of this conversion, i thought i'd better post it up on here.

Here is a pic of the front of an ST202 Celica

Celica - Curren Front End Conversion 336213

and here is a pic of the front of an ST206 Curren

Celica - Curren Front End Conversion Link_curren_front_s

To do this conversion, you need the following parts:

Curren bonnet

Curren driver and passenger side front wings

Curren front lights

Curren front bumper

Curren front grill

Curren core support bar.

(There maybe other little things i may have missed, its a good idea to get a clip).

Remove the celica wings, bonnet, lights, bumper and anything else in the way to get to the core support bar.

The hard part with this conversion is replacing the celica core support bar with the curren core support bar.
To do this, the celica one needs cutting out and the curren one needs welding back in. It is very important its welded in straight and level or nothing will line up!!!!

Once this is welded in, its all bolt on. The new curren parts will bolt up with ease as long as the core support bar is done properly.

Job done!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a guide, its up to you to research more into it.

Last edited by Celica_XR9145 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nacelicas.darkbb.com
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

PostSubject: Re: Celica - Curren Front End Conversion   Celica - Curren Front End Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Back to top Go down
91celicagtr
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
91celicagtr

PostSubject: Re: Celica - Curren Front End Conversion   Celica - Curren Front End Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:14 pm

would love to see some 'finished' pics, even photoshopped ones would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

PostSubject: Re: Celica - Curren Front End Conversion   Celica - Curren Front End Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:31 pm

ill photoshop some sometime, jackyboy done a good chop of a ST20X gen 6 with ST18X gen 5 front end and looked pretty good
Back to top Go down
rollaboy
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
rollaboy

PostSubject: Re: Celica - Curren Front End Conversion   Celica - Curren Front End Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:26 pm

managed to do them pics yet?

should look pretty awesome, i was never really keen on the bugeye lights but loved the curren lights. also love the back and lines of the celica but hated the back and lines of the curren so this is awesome in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Jackyboy
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Jackyboy

PostSubject: Re: Celica - Curren Front End Conversion   Celica - Curren Front End Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:50 am

i done a celica st18x curren but not a st20x curren
oops Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celica - Curren Front End Conversion   Celica - Curren Front End Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celica - Curren Front End Conversion
Page 1 of 1