NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NA Celicas

Dedicated To The FWD Naturally Aspirated Toyota Celica's With The 3SGE, 5SFE, 3SFE And The 4AFE - Including Turbo And 4WS Models

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) Empty
PostSubject: TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch)   TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:01 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, finally got round to installing a switch.

I got the switch from the local hardware store, it only cost $4 (its only a 15amp switch and a simple one that open and closes the circuit) and had some spare wire laying around.

First of all, find where you want to put the switch, i chose to remove the ligher as the switch fit straight in there.

Then run 2 wires through the firewall up to the diognostics box.

One wire goes into the terminal 'EC' and the other in 'TS'.

The other end of the wires go into the switch

Mount the switch, done!

Heres some photos

Heres it in Trackday Mode - as you can see, its in hard mode with all 3 LED's lit up. The original TEMS button has to be in sport and the new switch on. The suspension is reallt stiff and handles really well!!!!

TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) DSCF2772
TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) DSCF2774

Here, the switch is on with the original TEMS button in normal mode with the new switch on. This keeps it in normal mode only and doesnt automatically change when you floor it or yank the steering wheel.

TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) DSCF2770
TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) DSCF2771

Here is with the original TEMS in sport mode and the new switch off. Now its gone back to stock mode and acts as it should (changes automatically when you yank the steering wheel or floor it so it goes to track mode, so the switch keeps it stuck in track mode)

TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) DSCF2777
TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) DSCF2775

Now the original TEMS is in normal mode and the new switch is off. Now the ride absorbs all the bumps really well!

TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) DSCF2769
TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) DSCF2768

Hope it comes in handy for someone, the best $4 ive ever spent and makes so much difference!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://nacelicas.darkbb.com
3Spower
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
3Spower

TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch)   TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 pm

i've been in a mk3 supra with tems and he done this mod and made quite a difference considering the price of the mod, the celica must be even better!
Back to top Go down

TEMS Suspension Cheap Mod (With Switch)
Page 1 of 1